Examples of unclear writing (Sentences taken from actual letters received by Welfare Department in Application for Support.)
- I am forwarding my marriage certificate and six children. I had seven but one died which was baptized on a half sheet of paper.
- I am writing the welfare department to say my baby was born 2 years old . When do I get my money?
- Mrs. Jones had not have any clothes for a year and has been visited regularly by the clergy.
- I cannot get sick pay. I have six children. Can you tell me why.
- I am glad to report that my husband who is missing is dead.
- This is my eight child. What are you going to do about it.
- Please find for certain if my husband is dead. The man I am living with can't eat or drink until he knows.
- I am very much annoyed to find that you have branded my son illiterate. This is a dirty lie as I was married
a week before he was born.
- In answer to your letter, I have birth to a boy weighing ten pounds: I hope this is satisfactory.
- I am forwarding my marriage certificate and my three children; one of which is a mistake as you can
- My husband got his project cut off two weeks ago and I haven't had any relief since.
- Unless I get my husband's money pretty soon, I will be forced to lead an immortal life.
- You have changed my little boy into a girl. Will this make any difference.
- I have no children as my husband is a truck driver and works night and day.
- In accordance with your instruction, I have given birth to twins in the enclosed envelope.
- I want money as quick as I can get, so I have been in bed with doctor for two weeks and he doesn't do me any good. If things don't improve I will have to send for another doctor.
Published in NaradOnline.com