These are some of the application and leave letters written by various personnel . English, as they say, is really a funny language!
1. A candidate's application "This has reference to your advertisement calling for a 'typist and an accountant - Male or Female'... As I am both for the past several years and I can handle both, I am applying for the post."
2. An employee applied for leave as follows: Since I have to go to my village to sell my land along with my wife. please sanction me one week leave"...
3. Another employee applied for half day leave as follows: "Since I have to go to the cremation ground and I may not return, please grant me half day casual leave"
4. A friend of mine had written a leave letter to the headmaster: "As I am studying in this school i am suffering from head-ache. I request you to leave me today"
5. A family friend of our's told an incident of his friend's letter "I am suffering from fever, please declare holiday to the school"
6. Another leave letter written to the headmaster: As my headache is paining, please grant me leave for the day.
7. Another leave letter written to Administration dept: As my mother-in-law has expired and I am responsible for it, please grant me 10 days leave.
Publised in NaradOnline, Contributed by Reema C Pillai