- Check expiry of your passport & validity of visa before going abroad.
- Buy prepaid telephone cards along with foreign exchange & pay in rupees.
- Check out the blank pages in your passport before travel.
- Carry some foreign exchange in coins.
- If you lose your partner, decide beforehand who should stay put and who should search.
- You should be one of the earliest ones to check in. Most international flights are overbooked.
- 2 suitcases per person can be "checked-in", and 1 hand-luggage per person is allowed on board.
- Two days prior to boarding check with your airlines that your name is on their system, your food is right, and your seating arrangement is as requested.
- Each of the two suitcases that you are allowed to check in should weigh less than 32 Kgs.
- The sum of all dimensions (L + B + H) of bigger suitcase should not exceed 62 inches and total of dimensions of TWO suitcases should not exceed 107 inches.
- If you have any problems in contacting your contact abroad, try to contact him through “call collect”.
- In USA for call collect dial 1-800-CALL-ATT or 1-800-2255-288.
- If husband and wife are traveling, they should divide the money that they are carrying amongst the two.
- Carry some Indian currency to pay airport tax if you have not paid it already.
- New born babies are allowed full foreign exchange entitlement.
- Carry essential medicines like Crocin, Perinorm for vomiting, Sudafed for ear-pressure.
- Don’t carry cells (batteries) scissors/knives or any pointed metallic object in your hand-baggage.
- If two are traveling both must wear wrist-watch, one should keep it on Indian time and another should change it to local times (announced in the plane).
- Three to seven days in advance call your Airlines office and confirm that "you will be flying to your destination by fight no. XXX, dates XXX. Do not trust your agent, call yourself!.
- While checking in make sure that the destination stamped on your suitcases is correct.
- Keep your baggage-receipts and boarding-passes at a safe place.
- If you have a connecting flight, ask if the airline can give the boarding passes at the starting point of your journey.
- Make sure that you do not forget your passports at the check-in counter.
- In-flight you can request cushions, blankets, juices, soft drinks, fruits, bananas, reading material, ear-plugs anytime.
- Custom free shopping available near the end of flight IS NOT FREE.
- If you have a connecting flight at the connection point you will be called "TRANSIT PASSENGERS".
- About an hour before landing you will be given immigration and customs form. If you do not get one, ask for them.
- The immigration form is per person, and the customs form is per family.
- All times given are local times, so remember to change the time in your watch to the local time.
- Toilets are called "restrooms" abroad.
- Doors, water-taps, and flushes are sometimes different in different places, left (side of) tap is typically HOT and use it carefully.
- Do not accept anybody’s luggage/money/anything. Also do not volunteer to look after anybody’s luggage.
- ALWAYS keep your hand luggage in sight! Never leave it unattended, whether you are in line or filling forms, or whatever.
- If you lose one another one should stay put and another should search back.
- Keep your passport & foreign exchange always in your hand baggage.
- Buy foreign exchange, Overseas Mediclaim Insurance, prepaid International calling Cards & Global services under one roof.
- If you lose Passport! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE and YOU SHOULD NEVER LOSE YOUR PASSPORTS!!.
Published in http://www.funducode.com