We are UNAWARE of many facts of Telangana. That is why we tend to pass a statement with out any thought "What would a seperate state get?". I put up the FACTS in this mail. I wish atleast you would read this mail completely with patience. Whether you would pursue interest or not, it's up to you.
Before mentioning my point here, I want to say, I am an proud Andhra also.
1.Why did Potti Sriramulu sacrifice his life for seperation of Andhra from Madras?
Because Madras People were consciously dominating in terms of budget/resouce allocation,
disparity to Telugu samskruti, misrepresentation of Telugu people in media.
The same scenario exists here.
Politics and centers' intervention in states affairs, Rajgopalachari, Jawaharlal Nehru's
partiality towards Tamil people played also a great role. Mainly Andhra seperation got
the importance with the appointment of Tamil as chief minister when PCC elected a Telugu
as a majority leader.
Around that time most of other states are formed based on the language; Telugu and Tamil are two
major languages after Hindi/Bangali.
- Diving states based on the language is in my openion is not a mistake.. dividing state
based on the culture is a mistake. Language based division of the states is the best way
of reducing administrative nightmares and best way of avoiding confusion among illiterate
people. Who says Culture in Telangana area of Andhra Pradesh is not a Telugu culture (never
even seen an evidence of that, if you have some you could provide).
- If we are afraid that Hindi culture dominates Telugu culture.. we should ask for seperate
country of Andhra Pradesh. Where did your unity in diversity go.
- Suppressing a culture, dominating a culture,.. I think this thinking is basically
started by some paranoids.
- Smaskuthi, culture, civilization.. is not something people follow.. is some thing people practice.
- Misrepresentation of Telugu people is happening in media -
- Media talks about selling points (bunch of politically driven idiots run media in India.)
- So called "Telangana Porata Samithi" can promote Telangana Samskrithi/Telangana People
representation, instead of trying to attract media and attact people attentio with these tricks.
- Disparity - Disparity is God's creation. "Chethi 5 vellu samanga vundavu
kada" how do you expect to remove disparity. This is a great thought.. this is not practical. This
thought is the reason why Communism failed.
- Budget going to Andhra - Now I say this is again a thinking from a paranoid. Write down the
names of all the chief ministers. Mark how many are from Andhra, how many are from Telangana and
how many are from Rayalseema. Hope you got it. Who is the prime minister of India between 91-95?
Where is he from?
- The same scenario exists here - This is a pure politicians' statement. Statement with no evidence, no ground. Ignore this.
Many people say why do we need 2 states when we have same "telugu" as our language. I ask them why are 6 states existing in India with "Hindi" as a language.
- A government is basically formed in democracy by the people to rule the people. Center, State,
District, Mandal, Village... we have governing bodies..top to bottom. To make administrative tasks
easy states with alnguage are formed. To make administration reach everyone and to represent people.
May be some Samsthans at that time determined/influenced which state theirs' is going to be in.
- It would have been nice had you mentioned it is easier for a government to reach it's people if
the sate is small (by population not by demography). Look at the reasons from you.
- Telangana wants to be seperated because its culture... - Refer to the points above.
- Language is used for fun -
- First of all telangana is not another language, it's a different dialect. Whatever the dialect may be it is still telugu
- Ask your self.. Did you watch those movies? If watched those.. you encouraged the producers, you get the same quality movie once again making fun of dialect. If every person in Telangana stops watching those movies check the result. If you happened to watch that movie and enjoyed and saying this now.. that makes you a pure hypocrat.
- You sent a review on Seperate Telangana. Frankly ask your self, did you send any revies about those movies making fun of dialect. If you have already not, first do that before talking any more about seperate Telangana.
- other media - What other media you are talking about.. every other media other than movies is dead. May be print media is still there.. I saw many movies, stories in which East Godaviri landuage is made fun of. I never took it that way.. let people, media,.. express what they feel. If you don't like some thing express your openion as loud as you could.
Many ask if you split up AP, it will scatter into small pieces.
Let me tell them Area of Telangana is lot bigger than Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala.
Just this point gives complete analysis of you.
Guess this kind of words can come from some one who is -
who has great -ve attitude
I wish you will get equally good in additions and multiplications; as good as DIVISIONS and SUBTRACTIONS.
Some ask, at the stage of AP booming in IT, Economy, why do we want a seperate Telangna?
Excuse me. How will you generate revenue for the state??? Where you get money to spend on
literacy, drinking water, agriculture. Seperate Telangana is a movement just to waste everyone's time.
When you are asking about illiteracy.. ask your self did you do some thing to improve literacy?
How all these problems are going to be solved with seperate Telangana. Ask the old chief ministers
Educational disparities in AP: and figures mentioned ..
- I do not have numbers; so benefit of doubt your numbers are right.
- 26 out of 72 ITIs --> it's better that 1/3. You are poor in Divisions also my friend.
- 20 out of 91 politechinic - why are you not mentioning Govt college numbers here??
- 2 out of 8 medical colleges - Are you counting Hyderabad/Secunderabad here?
Irrigational Disparities in AP: and details with figures mentioned..
Please stop crying any more.
- I name Dhowleswaram (British time), Prakasam as major projects in Andhra
and Sriram Sagar, Kinnerasani in Telangana.
- Nagarjunasagar is between Andhra, Talangana
- Seeleru between Orisa and Andhra Pradesh (Andhra, Telangana)...
- Irrigation system in Andhra is there from British time; what we have done is
eating up all the money from then and doing minor improvements.. apart from Sagar.
Don't preach separatist ideas.
I can go on for the rest of the matter here.. I think this is enough.
I am proud Telugu. Please keep your separatist ideas to your self. Hope attitude of the
Telangana Porata Samithi or who ever supporting them changes.
Disclaimer: Whatever expressed above is my just openion and my feeling. This is not
meant to critisize, denounce, or hurt any person or organization. Readers may intepret
differently than I am.
This article was published at http://messages.indiainfo.com/ubb/Forum55/HTML/000057.html in reply to Mr.Vennamaneni Krishna Kanth's article Why Seperate Telangana? I publised Krishna's article and invited people to respond to it. Mr.Ramanarao Garimella sent this message. I reiterate that I am not aware of these facts.. just publishing it as it is a burning issue right now in Andhra Pradesh and we need to know different versions of this issue. You are welcome to send your replies to me or post in the above website.